Brick and mortar damage is one of those matters that are best to address early on. Issues like foundation shifting, water infiltration and freeze/thaw cycles only make the damage worse with time. As soon as you notice an issue, get a repair quote from an insured masonry repair company. You don’t want to leave this issue unattended for too long.
It’s The Brick Guys offers an array of services to help you out, including:
- Brick Repair, Brick Restoration, and Masonry Repair in Royal Oak MI
- Beautiful Brick Paving and Hardscaping Services, Including Retaining Walls, Deck Landings, Driveways, Patios and More
- Cultured Stone and Natural Stone Veneer Installations
- Outdoor Living Areas That Expand the Usable Square Footage on Your Property
- Brick Mailboxes and Porch Columns to Add to Your Curb Appeal
- Quality Installation Using Michigan-Manufactured Bricks
If you’d like a quote for brick repair, masonry restoration, or any of our hardscaping services, please contact (833) 627-4257 to get started.
How Often Should I Replace My Mortar?
Mortar replacement, also known as repointing, is a key element of masonry repair. This process involves removing the outermost layer of your mortar and replacing it with color-matched new mortar. The new mortar creates a fresh seal around the bricks and restabilizes the structure.
Mortar has an average lifespan of 25 years, but extensive wear may require replacement sooner than that. Our bricklayers can inspect your masonry and determine which restoration services you may need. Contact (833) 627-4257 to schedule an inspection for masonry repair in Royal Oak MI.
Signs You May Need Masonry Repair or Brick Restoration
Bricks are supposed to last a lifetime, right? Why should you monitor them for damage?
The truth is that the soil in Royal Oak causes a lot of foundation shifting. This combined with the extreme temperature changes in the winter can lead to a lot of masonry issues. If your bricks weren’t properly installed in the first place, you may have an even bigger matter at hand. Act quickly to resolve brick cracking, and you’ll have peace of mind that your bricks are stable.
Here are some signs you may need masonry repair:
- There Are Noticeable Cracks in the Bricks or Mortar
- You’ve Discovered Foundation Issues That May Have Impacted Your Masonry
- Your Brickwork Is Decades Old and Has Never Been Repaired/Restored
- The State of Your Masonry Is Hurting Your Curb Appeal or Home Value
- Uneven Brick Pavers Are Creating Trip and Fall Hazards around the Property
- Let Our Brick Inspectors Assess the Damage for You!