If you’re dealing with cracked bricks, crumbling mortar, uneven pavers, or other masonry issues, our repair specialists can help. We’ll evaluate the root cause of the damage and recommend the best way to stabilize your bricks long-term. It’s The Brick Guys provides top-quality masonry repair in Michigan, along with the following services:
- Brick Inspections from Experienced Masons
- Transparent Price Quotes with No High-Pressure Sales or Hidden Fees
- Tuckpointing, Repointing, and Masonry Repair in Michigan
- Brick Porch Repair and Paver Patio Restoration
- Custom Brick Driveways and Driveway Skirting
- Retaining Wall Construction and Resets
- Cultured Stone Exteriors to Add Visual Interest to Your Siding
- Fire Pits, Grill Areas, and Personalized Outdoor Living Spaces
- Paver Pool Decking, Walkways, and Approaches
- Brick Mailboxes and Other Property Enhancing Solutions
To schedule a masonry repair quote or to learn more about our Michigan brick contractors, please contact us at (833) 627-4257.
How Often Should Masonry Repair Occur?
Properly installed masonry shouldn’t require repair work that often, but every situation is unique. We’ve had plenty of clients get repaired within the first few years of installation because the contractors they hired did a poor job. Rushing through the process or skipping the foundational steps can lead to costly repair later on. That’s why we always encourage clients to work with licensed, insured, and experienced bricklayers from the start!
It’s The Brick Guys has a crew of experts that fit that description. Reach out to (833) 627-4257 to get a quote for brick installation or masonry repair in Michigan.
Tips to Preserve Your Bricks and Pavers
Both bricks and pavers can last for decades with proper care. The key is to have them installed properly and follow that up with routine maintenance. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Monitor for Brick Damage and Address It Early on
- Get Repointing to Replace Crumbling Mortar and Reseal the Edges of Your Bricks
- Fix the Source of the Brick Damage, Not Just the Cracks
- Check for Foundation Issues That May Impact Brick Stability
- Clean Your Bricks Periodically to Reveal Damage below the Dirt
- Resand Paver Patios and Driveways Every Few Years to Stabilize the Pavers and Prevent Weed Growth
- Choose a Dependable Masonry Repair Company to Keep Your Property Looking Its Best
Is Tuckpointing or Repointing Better for Masonry Repair?
Tuckpointing involves laying new mortar over the old without removing it. Repointing removes the surface layer of crumbled mortar and replaces it with new mortar. Tuckpointing may be effective from an aesthetic perspective, but it’s not as effective from a stability standpoint. If you want long-lasting masonry repair in Michigan, repointing is the way to go.